Saturday, September 17, 2011

Photos from Hawaii Trip

Let me start by saying that I'd never been to Hawaii before this trip.

My family, particularly my mother, kept pestering me to go, saying that Hawaii is this incredibly beautiful, relaxing, and oftentimes magical place to visit. Despite her many glowing recommendations, I never really bought into the whole idea of a tropical island getaway. After all, I live in Southern California with the nearest beach only an hour's drive away. I didn't want to clear my schedule for almost a week, make reservations, pay airfare-hotel-car rental-etc. just to go visit another beach almost halfway to Korea.

Needless to say, I was happily proven wrong! All the stacked up, suppressed stress of the summer simply flew away with the warm tropical breeze as I did some sightseeing, shopping, swimming (snorkeled for the first time!), and of course ate some scrumptious treats throughout the 4-day vacation.  There is definitely no way I could have spent a more relaxing four days in Southern California so close to home. I'm sure those of you who've been to Hawaii will agree, huh?

Anyhow, below are some photos from the trip. The quality is simply horrible as I had to rely upon my cell phone camera. :( I was so disappointed with the camera malfunction (someone I know dropped and broke it!) that one of the first things I did once I returned was to get a replacement camera...never again will I go anywhere without a camera!

for your viewing pleasure...
View from the airplane as we descended into Honolulu
Cute Women's bathroom sign...couldn't resist. LOL
 
Sunset on Waikiki Beach
The same sunset just a few minutes later
Our view from our hotel...so incredibly close to the beach! :)
Hanauma Bay where I snorkeled for the first time!

2 comments:

  1. They're good even from your cellphone....... Nice to know that you've had wonderful 4 days break there;)
    Thank you for sharing Twinkie^^.............xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aloha
    Thanks for the drama information. I too look forward to watching the same dramas that you are watching. I am from Hawaii and appreciate your comments about our lovely home. Keep up the great work and looking forward to your future comments.
    Kuuls

    ReplyDelete