Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Korea News Update Day 4

Hi everyone,
It seems as though each day here is eventful...in case you are all wondering, everything in Seoul is calm, despite the incessant 24-hour newsreel about the recent North Korea missiles into a part of South Korea. The consenus here is that there's too much at stake to go to war...much like Germany before East Germany collapsed, I think it'll just be a matter of time and method, especially under President Lee, who refuses to send North Korea aid unless there's some give and take from North Korea as well....good strategy instead of simply giving aid to an uncooperative and belligerent country as the previous presidents did.

Anyhow, all is well in this little part of the pennisula...on a lighter note, I was reminded of the SKKS archery tournament today when I saw the final round of archery competition for the Asian Games...both Korean archery teams (men and women) won gold medals today...unfortunately, their news was usurped by the missile attack. In any case, all is well, everyone!

Also, my quest to find SKKS souvenirs is an utter fail...no one seems to be selling anything...except Micky Yoochun's pictures as LSJ. I will continue my search. However, the good news is that I was able to purchase the rabbit-pig from You Are Beautiful. :D

7 comments:

  1. be safe~~..dont forget to take picture and share with us...kekekekeke^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember a few years ago when there was some super news worthy event happened and so the night prime time shows were outed. Of course enough people complaint and so they put it on after midnight - you can watch it at that time or you can DVR and that was very nice to calm us drama addicts & good for morale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. take care..I wish peace for all koreans

    ReplyDelete
  4. stay safe and i always pray for world peace.

    enjoy your stay in Korea and come back safe.

    Are you planning to visit Micky Yoochun's mom's

    ice cream parlor?

    Hugs,

    SKKS junkie

    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope everyone in Korea remains safe during this crisis, but do enjoy and take good care twinkie....... ❤❤❤

    ps; Have you seen the Esquire Magazine this month issue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg you got the dwaeji-tokki? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, can I ask where you found the pig rabbit? I don't know Seoul very well, and don't go there very often, but I remember I saw it at some shop in one of those underground subway shopping areas. Unfortunately, we were in a bit of a rush, so I couldn't stop to buy it, and now I can't remember where I saw it. I tried looking around Myeong-Dong next time I was in the city, but I could only find a little phone charm version. So, just to narrow my search, do you remember whereabouts you found yours?

    (Sure I could order it online, but I'm a fan of instant shopping gratification. No waiting for shipping!)

    ReplyDelete