Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Interview Update

Hi everyone!
I hope your week is going well so far. I just wanted to let you know that I received a call today. :( Due to new state budget cuts (California is going through quite an economic crisis), my college has decided not to offer ANY positions after all that work to screen/interview candidates. It wasn't just the English dept that was hit but other departments across the entire campus.  *Sigh* Let's just pray that the new budget cuts don't affect my current teaching load.

Anyhow, it was an unexpected answer--"Can't offer you job because we don't have the money"--but at least I had the experience of getting this far AND it wasn't a we-don't-want-you call.  :)
 
Have a great day as always!  Thanks for praying for me and/or wishing me good luck!  It was all very much appreciated!

2 comments:

  1. Oh! Sorry to hear that... There seems to be an economic crisis everywhere now, and not only at campus,one of my friend is an accountant got redundancy just before X'mas in London. :(
    Do keep spirit up and stay in good health >>> It's the most fortunate for life... AJA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aja Aja Fighting! I know, it's pretty bad here in California. Wishing you all the best. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. I hope your next interview is a complete success. :D

    ReplyDelete