Monday, October 4, 2010

Sung Kyun Kwan Scandal Episode 11 summary and dialogue

To my sister and others who have difficulty understanding the older Korean without subtitles...I tried as best as I could...sorry if there are some poor translations. I didn't have time to summarize the drama, so you can access the episode (http://joonmedia.net/videos/play/26489/5) and then refer to the dialogue below...hope this makes sense. I'm off to school, so I'll try to get to translating the rest of the episode later. Enjoy!

Synopsis: KYS gets cleared of the charges...Banee gets to work at SKK as punishment (thus providing him a steady job). KYS and LSJ later get stranded on a romantic island set up by Hyo-Eun (for herself and LSJ) but manipulated by GJH so that KYS and LSJ have to spend the night together...alone! lol

King: I will ask KYS. Have you not be able to find the criminal who stole and sold items from Sung Kyun Kwan?
KYS: I haven’t found—
MJS: --He will come. That guy.
King: Does that mean you’ve found him?
MJS: Please give us some time. He will definitely come to turn himself in.
HIS: However, your Majesty, I understood that the time given was up until yesterday. If they haven’t been able to produce the criminal/evidence, what does it mean other than expulsion?
King: The school’s president’s words are correct. KYS has not been able to produce the criminal in the time allowed.
KYS: I’m sorry, your Majesty. (everyone looks tense)
LSJ: I have the evidence here. The evidence you seek is in this book, your Majesty.
King: Don-Han Incident evidence? (Not sure, but I think he’s referring to a series of incidents.)
LSJ: Not just the burglary at SKK but perhaps the evidence/criminal for many that are occurring throughout this area.
King: What do you mean?
LSJ: Due to (not sure of the word), the prices of everyday items fluctuate daily, and the powerless and poor peasants are only trying to find a way to survive…but the only option left to them is to become criminals who break the nation’s laws. This is the fate of the powerless…(not an exact translation…sorry)…what is the difference? This book is a record of bribes taken by merchants by people with power. (basically blames people all the way up to those in political power). These are the people responsible for these crimes.
GYH: That guy, he’s the same quality/type as you.
King: Did you say that those who responsible are merchants and politicians? (loose translation)
HIS: I object, your Majesty. This incident that we’re talking about is simply the case of KYS and the burglary here at SKK…no less, no more. I ask that you punish KYS with expulsion and LSJ for trying to distract the King from the actual case with irrelevant information in order to protect his friend. Please correctly reestablish the authority of the court/palace.
King: reestablish the authority of the court/palace? Of course, I must do that.
Ban: That? How do I go about doing that? (everyone turns to looks at the “criminal”). Testimony or evidence…so hard to understand, I don’t really know, dang it. (reaction to course words in front of king)
Headmaster: That, that ill-mannered…Drag that man immediately away from here!
Ban: I stole it! The person who stole and sold the items from SKK is me, your Majesty!
King: Now that you’ve confessed your crime, you must receive your punishment. Aren’t you afraid? I asked you a reason for your confession.
Ban: Those scholars have done to me something that cannot be reversed. My name is Ban-ee from Banchon. I have no strength and nothing to my name. As fate destined, I was determined to live a half-life, doing what I please…but…but…dang it!
Headmaster: Why that ill-mannered…where does he think he is right now?
King: Continue.
Ban: Those scholars treated me like a human…and in the hope of becoming human like them, I started to want to live like a human being. This way, the kid that follows me, watching my back, can live like a human.
(little bro looks on)
King: I fail the school president and all those who were convinced of KYS’s guilt. However, it is not simply because KYS was not guilty. When you heard of KYS’s charge, what did you do? In order to clear KYS, what effort did you make?
HIS: I believed him to be guilty so I did nothing, your Majesty
King: That’s why I failed you. As a future leader of this country and as school president, you should have at least once tried to examine the case with his innocence in mind. If you do not cherish and protect my people, I do not need people like that. This is why I failed you all and the court/palace foundation that I establish.

9 comments:

  1. Hello there. :) I read your comment on yogurutu's blog, so I came here to read your translations. Thanks for doing them. <3 But whoa, if you intend to translate everything, isn't that a lot of work? ^^; You could just do quick recaps like yogurutu, it would be easier for you. Whatever you intend to do, thanks for doing it, since it's a big help for people like me who don't understand Korean. :) Although I like watching raws to see what happens, it's a lot nicer knowing what exactly happened. XD So thanks for your efforts. :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your summary of episode 12..
    it's almost fully detailed...
    I really want more of this...
    Thanks so much for posting them!!!

    Please do the same for episode 11 and the following episodes of SKKS...
    I hope you don't mind...
    I'm looking forward to that... : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your hard work. I really appreciate your effort. This is the most detail translation of ep 12 I have seen so far. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thnx..

    its really gr8 that someone like u is using efforts and time for this. i really enjoy the summary..thnx very much..i really appreciate ur help to understand the show..

    ReplyDelete
  5. (I came here yesterday but since you don't have the option "Name/URL" or "Anonymous" so I couldn't post my comment. Now I have a blog ! :P)
    ooohh.. so that's how it went... Long Live The King!
    oh.. where are my manners!
    *bows* Kamsahamnida... thanks so much for translating this.. err.. Twinkie-sama.. Twinkie-chan much more kawaiii.. if may I call you that :D thanks a lot neeee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, members at soompi are making subs for ep 11 and someone have timed them already, but we need translations, I wonder if we could use what you have translated? You will of course get credit.

    And thank you for summarizing both ep 11 and 12, it is greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sure. I tried to translate the dialogue a bit more in the last blog I did for episode 11 late last night. Glad to help!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa, subs at soompi? Now I have to register there. XD Great news.

    ReplyDelete